by Diane Barazoto via Alicek[i]nd
1 egg
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
3 cloves garlic, crushed, or more
1 c. Italian bread crumbs
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (also works well with cutlets)
1/2 c. melted butter
1 tsp. finely chopped parsley
2 T. lemon juice
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced (baby bellas are great for this)
Beat egg with salt and pepper and 2 cloves are garlic; put in shallow dish (pie pan works great). Combine bread crumbs and cheese in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coast with crumb mixture. Place in a large baking dish. Mix melted butter with remaining garlic, parsley, and lemon juice. Drizzle half of the butter mixture over chicken. Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes. Top chicken with mushrooms and remaining butter mixture and bake 10 minutes more.
Serve with rice or noodles.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can hardly wait to make this. I love mushrooms so much that I look for them in every recipe and even add them when I think they will taste good.
Mmm. Guess actually, giving it a second look, it's not too bad. I saw butter and freaked a little. Trying the whole crabby Weight Watchers thing.
Post a Comment